1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

high temperature CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by okeee, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

I used Core Temp to check CPU temperture, I was wondering if it was too high:

temperature while using windows explorer:
    [​IMG]

temperature while playing a game (while it was slowed down by interruptions):
    [​IMG]

Asus A8N-E
    AMD Athlon 3500+
    EN8400gs silent
    1 gb ram
    win xp

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, check your temps in the bios.

Next download and install the latest ver of asus probe and have that check your temps. An AMD 3500+ should run in the low 30s when under light load in a cool room. Those cpus run very cool.

Have you opened the case and given it a good cleaning with a can of air?

Have you checked that all fans are running?

3. Calabrese

Calabrese

I can't view the pictures you have posted there...what are the tempatures sitting at when idle and while under heavy load?

4. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

I checked bios right after core temp gave a temperature reading of 65 C, and then bios
    gave a temperature reading of 50 C.
    when I started core temp , the temperature indicated was still 63C. A few minutes later it already dropped to 50 C though.

But I still think something is not right, because of the game interruptions.

The temperature reading earlier: 43C, and 92C.

There is not much dust, but not cleaned. Both the large case fan and CPU fan are running.

I'll avoid heavy CPU usage until I let it repair, anything else except games that use much CPU power?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

One other item you can check. That mb is getting on in years now; check it for any leaking caps. Open the case and get a bright light. Check to see if you have any caps that look like these below.

Attached Files:

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

I don't think that 51c is high for that Athlon 64 bit, I would not worry about it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/816243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice