Highlighting video files crashes Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

izombie7

Hi, I have a wierd problem in Windows XP lately.

Whenever I highlight or click on a video file, Windows Explorer crashes. When you click or highlight a video file information should go to the details window on the left side of file explorer. However, for some reason, this causes Windows Explorer to have an error.

It says "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Now, all I have to do is click "don't send", or "send error report", and the taskbar and windows disappear briefly, then it works again. But it's pretty annoying that this happens whenever I highlight a video-file.

These video-files play just fine, it's only this weird explorer problem. I think it might be linked to how explorer shows an image from the video in details, or rather fails in trying to, that causes this crash.

Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online