1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Highlighting without the mouse?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jVirus, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jVirus

jVirus Thread Starter

I'd really like to learn to Highlight without the mouse. It would be nice. I know I can do a shift then arrows but what about a whole word then like then doc like if you were to click the mouse progressivly, is this possible?

2. e-liam

e-liam

Hi jVirus.

To highlight a word, place the cursor at the beginning of it, press Ctrl and Shift together then use the right arrow to highlight the whole word.

To highlight a whole row of text, hold the Shift key while pressing the up/down arrows (depending which way you want to highlight).

To highlight a whole document, press Ctrl +A.

Hope that helps, :)

Cheers

Liam

3. Hergé

Hergé Guest

^ Thank you for that tip Liam, it works a treat too! :)

Hergé

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice