1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Highly infected PC. Need help.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by phixgrrrl, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phixgrrrl

phixgrrrl Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danielle
    My father has asked me to post about his pc. It is highly infected with trojans, viruses, email worms--from what I read off the list from the Anti-malware software that comes with Windows Vista. A warning window from that software pops up every couple minutes and then asks for you to buy the full version to fix all the problems.
    There were 27 infections found according to Vista's list. I've read that this list can be bogus but it is preventing the running of any kind of software. I tried to run some anti-malware software (like super anti spyware) and Vista says the exe is infected. So I could also NOT run Gmer, HijackThis, or DDS.

His info is:
    Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1
    Lenovo Vista PC
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.4 GHz
    3 GB RAM
    32 bit OS

Thanks

2. phixgrrrl

phixgrrrl Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danielle
  3. phixgrrrl

phixgrrrl Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danielle
    My dad took the pc in as he couldn't wait anymore. They replaced the hd and couldn't save anything.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Since that computer was in such bad shape to where you couldn't submit any logs so we could help you, I was going to advise you to format the hard drive and do a clean reinstall of Windows Vista SP2 - which is what the computer shop apparently did.

-------------------------------------------------------------

5. phixgrrrl

phixgrrrl Thread Starter

First Name:
    Danielle
    I kinda figured. But I thought maybe someone could tell me to do something in safe mode or at the command prompt.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice