Hijack Log

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sallellen

So how's about pondering this:

Why do you suppose links don't open when I click on them? I get a new window with nothing in the address box and that little world just keeps on spinning and spinning. If I hit "Stop" and "Refresh," I get the website.

Try IE repair.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > select IE > click Remove....you'll get a window with different selections, pick IE Repair (not Remove!).

:)

Buckaroo......for some reason IE is not on my "add/remove" programs, therefore I can't find IE repair? Is there another way to find IE Repair?
Many thanks.
Duane

What version of IE do you have? I don't think that's an option on IE 6 and above.

5.0????? Yikes, you never upgraded to 5.1 or 5.5 even? See if you have it here:

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information > in the window that opens click on Tools at top. See if IE Repair is one of the drop down selections.

No it's not there.
I've had such good luck with IE5.00 I didn't see the need to upgrade. My motto is "if it aint broke, don't fix it". I guess that is short sighted, but I read comments on this forum that they had problems when they upgraded. I suppose I should take the gamble.
Thanks for your replies......much appreciated.

Prof, I hear ya about the upgrades. Usually a good idea to wait until the inevitable first round of Service Packs come out before making any leap up. Heck, I still haven't gone to IE 6 yet. :D

Probably safe to go to IE 5.5.

I think your right .......IE 5.5 seems like a pretty safe gamble.
Thanks for your comments.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online