1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HiJack This Log

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Webman, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Webman

Webman Thread Starter

Here is a log I posted, my network admin said there is something that is firing at ports 80 and ports 8080. He said he wasn't sure if it was malware but here is a log.

Attached Files:

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Don't see anything obvious in the log.

Have you looked at this> http://www.grc.com/port_8080.htm

You also are using a Proxy server, probably through Norton programs, here: 65.183.219.98:3128 port number 3128

Probably you should scan with admin's OK....at http://www.grc.com/intro.htm

Go down to "Hot Spots" and find ShieldsUp.... this port scan can take quite a while if you do the full one.

3. Webman

Webman Thread Starter

I didn't know I was using a proxy server...do you think getting rid of Norton would solve this problem? Only problem is they have this thing called blue socket which keeps kicking me off the network anytime I try and get on so it's hard to do scans like the one on grc...I am at a college dorm hope some of this helps...

4. Byteman

Hi, Well that info helps explain things.- the school itself may be the proxy cause, I would ask them, show them the log etc.

You are usually required to run certain security programs- make sure you can let Norton go before you do anything.

5. Webman

Webman Thread Starter

yeah I talked to the network admin and he said he is 110% sure it is spyware/adware that is the problem, although he isn't a very honest person. He said that I am not getting redirected because something is blasting at ports 80 and 8080.

6. Byteman

Hi,, OK, so are you permitted to scan your own computer, with programs you can download,that we reccommend? I can't go any further- if you can't connect, you will have to have someone who can burn the downloads to scan with, or take the computer to a friend's place and use their connection.

The downloads are not the problem if you have high enough speed, you can get them where you are, if that is allowed...some schools are picky.

You can get the download, install the program, connect and get the latest updates and then disconnect to scan, they do not depend on the Net....however, our usual method is to run some online scanners, that take quite a while (hour or more in some cases) so you probably won't be able to stay online that long, at the beginning... post back.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice