1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hijack this

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by licp64, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. licp64

licp64 Thread Starter

here is my hijack if any one can advise on where my problems are i am still getting lots of pop- ups

Attached Files:

2. BlueSpruce

BlueSpruce

Hi licp64 , Welcome to TSG.

Please start with the following utilities ,

Have your computer scanned and Auto Cleaned with one of the following free online A/V scanners ,

Trendmicro Housecall

Panda Active Scan

Download CWShredder Log offline , Close all Browser windows , Check the Taskbar for minimized windows as well , Hit the ''Fix->''button then restart your computer.

Next , Download , Update , Configure , and Scan your computer with Ad-Aware 6 Build 181 following the instructions in the Ad-Aware 6: Reference guide by Winchester73

On the IE Toolbar Press Tools , Internet Options , and Delete your Temporary Internet Files , Offline Content , Cookies , and History.

Create a new Folder in C:\Program Files named Hijack This. Place Hijack This.exe in the new Hijack This Folder. Right mouse click Hijack This.exe , select Create Shortcut. Place the new Shortcut to Hijack This on your Desktop.

Rescan Hijack This , Return to this Thread and please show us a complete follow-up scanlog.

Good luck

3. Flrman1

Flrman1

I've moved this thread to the Security forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice