1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hijacked by Bad Pool Caller! Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by theforceuser, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theforceuser

theforceuser Thread Starter

I had a scary episode today when there was a blip of a power outage in my apartment, and a devoid of power outlets on the power strip the other night caused me to plug my computer into the wall (not sure if thats related). When the computer rebooted, i got an error that
    \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM was corrupted. Bad. I grabbed my Windows XP setup cd, ran the recovery console, unfortunately once I told the recovery console to load Windows 1, I got a blue screen of BAD_POOL_CALLER error, with the parameters 0x000000c2, 0x00000043, 0x0ca204000, 0x00000000, and 0x00000000. I've searched everywhere, haven't found these specific parameters. I cant even get into safe mode or anything, so there isn't a way I could debug. I've tried removing memory, sound cards, all the non essential stuff. The most recent software I remember was a Windows update, the reboot for that was minutes before the power outage snatched my computers' life away! I was running iTunes at the time, loading music onto my iPod. Please Help!

2. theforceuser

Last night, I ran what I thought was a successful repair installation on my C drive, only to find out that somehow, Windows switched my drives so that the storage drive was C, and my boot disk with windows already on it was now the D drive. I still can't boot from that drive, and now I have this dry XP installation with nothing on it. All of my files and programs from my other XP installation are around, but nothing works. I'm reinstalling all of the drivers I need, I still need a lot of help though. I really don't want to configure everything to the way it was.

3. theforceuser

These dumpchecks say they're from a year ago, so i dont know if they'll even help...this is driving me crazy!

Attached Files:

4. theforceuser

I'll just make this a little bit more simple so maybe I can get some help. My registry is corrupted, absolutely everything is loopy on the new partition of Windows, I want to get the old partition (the one with the corrupt registry). I have all my data, thats no problem, but there has to be a hardware problem. Scrolling and moving windows is unbelievably slow and choppy. Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice