1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hijacked Homepage

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by I Fix 4 U, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

I will post a HJT log if necessary. i'm pretty good at gettin rid of this stuff but i removed all of the suspicious things in hjt in safe mode and i also ran ad-aware and spybot in safe mode and normal mode
    i deleted all my main search things and homepage entrees but it keeps resetting homepage to this
    http://cornflakes.netfirms.com/corn/plugin
    and its very irritating. all i want is a blank page - about:blank

any help appreciated. i'm sorta looking for someone who has experienced this before and fixed it. but any help is fine.

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

Post the log.

3. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

k well any ideas about how to remove it b/c i'm not at my friends house so i cant post the log yet. though i do understand what the log means and i removed the bho for toolbars (cept google and spybot anti hack) and i fixed entrees for main start page, home page , search assistant and search page. i fixed the missing files entrees and i deleted a key saying something about search bar. i already ran ad-aware and spybot and hjt in safe and normal mode. so something here is messed up. i wish i woulda recorded my steps b/c i had this cornflakes problem before on the computer i'm using and i fixed it. but know i dont remember what i did.
    refresh memory maybe or give a solution. hjt log wont come till l8r. sorry but i can't get 2 their house yet.

4. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

updates on help? hurricanes coming so i wanna figure things out before i have to turn off computer.

5. Flrman1

Flrman1

I need to see a Hijack This log.

6. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

ok that may be awhile due to hurricanes and getting there, i could try and get them to post a hjt log if they understand what i am saying. expect a little delay b/c of current conditions and me having to get intouch w/ them.

7. Flrman1

Flrman1

I hope you fair well in the storm.

8. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

yah ty its almost here give it about 1-2 more hours.

9. Flrman1

Flrman1

Where exactly are you on the Gulf?

10. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

not directly on the gulf. just my state. i live in baton rouge but it looks like things are ok. new orleans and plaquemines parish got it bad but baton rouge seems ok. we were spared. weather may pick up around midnight though. we are keeping our fingers crossed.

11. Flrman1

Flrman1

Did you get a lot of rain?

12. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

no rain in covington or baton rouge. only rain was in grand isle, morgan city, plaquemines (basically on the coastline). just a beutiful day with light wind.

13. Flrman1

Flrman1

That's good!

14. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U Thread Starter

yes and this weekend i will be able to get that hjt log.

15. Flrman1

Flrman1

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!