Hijacker? (This is a tough one)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buwish

I have a D-Link wireless router rigged off of a hardwired router. It has been working just fine until someone went to "freetaxusa.com" or something like that. After that happened I can now only go to selected sites, such as yahoo; otherwise than that the browser takes me to a dell search page whenever I try to go view another page. I figured it was a browser hijacker. But the odd thing is that I had my laptop with me while I was out of town and the wireless/internet worked just fine. Even when I am at home, if I hook the computer into a hardwire, everything works just fine. I reset, reintstalled, reconfigured the router and still no luck. The rest of my computers (which are hardwired) work just fine. I have never seen this before? Is the router shot? Any suggestions?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Are you sure you're really connecting to your network? :)

buwish

O yes; I live out in the middle of nowhere (literally)! There is no other possible network around that I can pick up.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, since it's obviously on your computer, you need to start with malware/spyware scans. How about posting a HijackThis 1.99.1 log here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online