Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiJackThis 2.0.5 Beta Released???

4K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
The Trend Micro site and the MajorGeeks site are listing version 2.0.5 beta of HiJackThis as being released, however I discovered that it's the same version 2.0.4 and the same 1.33 MB file size that's been out for quite awhile.

If anyone is considering downloading and installing it and using it, they might want to wait until it's confirmed that version 2.0.5 beta has been released and the download links are fixed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
I noticed that 2.0.5 beta(?) was the same file size as 2.0.4 - 1.33 MB.

After I installed it and started it, it said 2.0.4, so I knew something was wrong.

I guess I'll wait and see if the links get fixed.

I'm hoping that the 64-bit issue is fixed with the new version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
All the other sites that I've checked that advertise 2.0.5 are still downloading 2.0.4.

I'm not going to get upset about it and send Trend Micro a "nasty gram".

If and when 2.0.5 is released, hopefully it'll correct the 64-bit problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#11 ·
Since it's a free program, their priority for answering complaints is likely on the bottom of the totem pole.
I'm well aware of that and I've already offered them a solution for this problem. A one time fee for forum helpers and a limit of 10 or 20 free runs for members offered the program by helpers.

Other individuals, would simply have to pay for the program. Trend seems to be having trouble finding the necessary funds to develop HijackThis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.