Hijackthis ADWARE???????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

carrie640

What is going on???? In a regular Norton scan, I was prompted to delete something in the following path: \hijackthis1977\backup-20040712-212536.dll

Norton named the threat as packed.adware.

What IS this and is it something with Hijackthis? It is in my "my documents" folder....just kind of threw me off guard when I saw Hijackthis in it.

Is it REALLY adware? Ad-Aware and Spybot didn't catch it....should I delete it?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi carrie640

The file backup-20040712-212536.dll is one of your HijackThis backups, created on July 12, 2004.
It probably referred to adware you deleted back in July, does that sound familiar?

If so, then it should be OK for you to delete that backup since you most likely will not want to restore it now or in the future.

If not, let us know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online