1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hijackthis ADWARE???????

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by carrie640, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrie640

carrie640 Thread Starter

What is going on???? In a regular Norton scan, I was prompted to delete something in the following path: \hijackthis1977\backup-20040712-212536.dll

Norton named the threat as packed.adware.

What IS this and is it something with Hijackthis? It is in my "my documents" folder....just kind of threw me off guard when I saw Hijackthis in it.

Is it REALLY adware? Ad-Aware and Spybot didn't catch it....should I delete it?

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi carrie640

The file backup-20040712-212536.dll is one of your HijackThis backups, created on July 12, 2004.
    It probably referred to adware you deleted back in July, does that sound familiar?

If so, then it should be OK for you to delete that backup since you most likely will not want to restore it now or in the future.

If not, let us know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice