1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hijackthis.exe itself is not opening.Cant able to get the HiJackthis log file.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Micheal John, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micheal John

Micheal John Thread Starter

I am using Windows 2000 and Norton Antivirus 2006 with Virus Definition updates as on 22/10/2007. Norton status is telling all the installed applications are working correetly. But, I have noticed that in my machine Task Manager is disabled and it is displaying as "Task Manager has been disabled by administrator" and also "Registry Editing has been disabled by administrator".

I have searched in this forum and same problem occred for many user and I have decided to follow the instructions in this forum.As a first step, I have downloaded all the below softwares from a browsing center and write it in a CD.

I have downloaded all the below software:
    1. HJTSetup.exe
    2. ComboFix.exe
    3. SCFix.exe
    4. KillBox.zip
    5. avenger.zip
    6. avgas-setup-7.5.1.43 (AVG Antispyware)
    7. EClea2_0 (Cleaner)
    8. nentenst (Nod32 for Windows)

first, I have installed HJTSetup.exe. But, I couldn't open the Hijackthis.exe. I am using Windows 2000 OS in my machine and I have installed the Hijackthis in default location c:\program files\Hijackthis and a shortcut in the desktop. But when I clicked the shortcut, for the first time nothing came. I have restartedthe machine and once again I tried and this time one pop up came with some warning message states that don't delete any files and have technical experts to go thru' this log file, then nothing came.

If I format all the drives in my machine will solve the problem. I have some data in D: and E: drive which has to be backed up by writing in CD and after formatting, can I copy those files from the CD.

Please help me on how to take the hijack log file and how to proceed

further.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice