1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hijackthis log file

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by linkmajor, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. linkmajor

linkmajor Thread Starter

When i do a hijack scan and save the log file and try to open it ,a message show up and says:this is not a valid bitmap file or its format is not supported.
    What should i do?
    I think i chose paint(by mistake) instead of notepad to open it what should i do?

2. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Use Windows Explorer or Find to get to the log file that HJT created.
    Highlight the file and then hold down the shift key as you right click on the file.
    On the menu there should be an option that says 'Open With'.
    Click on Open With and you will get a window with a list of programs on your computer.
    Scroll down and find and highlight NotePad.
    Put a check mark in the box that says, 'Always use this program to open this file type'
    Click on OK
    From now on, anytime you click on a log file, it will open in NotePad. :)

Good Luck (y)

3. linkmajor

linkmajor Thread Starter

I did the stuff you said but when i click open with nothing happens. the log file is already a paint file and its not one of those files that you have to chose a program to open with(the ones that their icon is a white background with a windows sign in the middle).its icon is a MS paint icon.
    What should i do?

4. linkmajor

linkmajor Thread Starter

sorry my mistake.It worked!

Thanks alot
    Link

5. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice