1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HijackThis log, please help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Jettal, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jettal

Jettal Thread Starter

I have been having the most awful time with something that has hijacked my computer. My operating system is Windows 2000. Something keeps taking over my home page, and my task manager was wiped out. I got it back now, but it hasn't helped me much. I have tried several spyware scanners, but so far nothing has helped. Every time I think I've got it fixed, it comes back, telling me "Windows has detected an internet attack attempt...click here" to download spyware remover, etc. It is even taking over my desktop, replacing my normal picture with some privacy protector downloader, and my homepage, which I usually leave on "about blank" keeps going to "Ucleaner." This is making me crazy. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it so much. Here is my "HijackThis logfile, if it will help.

Sincerely,
    Jetta

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice