hijackthis log

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hendrickq

I am trying to get rid of Startium toolbar please help. Also after running AdAware I am getting this error message.

Rundll
Error Loading c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msiefr40.dll

Attachments

Restart Hijack This and put a check mark against the following:

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.pcwebtools.support.hp.com/goto/?Platform=hpaddon&ObjectType=us&Name=Buttonwww
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {46AE04C0-BCFA-4728-90E7-00EB4A8B3863} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Search - {2CF0B992-5EEB-4143-99C2-5297EF71F44B} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\stlbupdt.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Register MediaRing Talk] C:\Program Files\MediaRing Talk\register.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] C:\WINDOWS\System32\qttask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SAHBundle] C:\DOCUME~1\myates\LOCALS~1\Temp\bundle.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Rundll32_7] rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiefr40.dll,DllRunServer
O4 - Global Startup: AccuWeather.com® Desktop.lnk = ?

Click Fix Checked and restart your computer

hendrickq

I appreciate your help that got rid of the Startium toolbar but not the error I get on startup. Any ideas?

Error RUNDLL
c:\windows\system32\msiefr40.dll

Open a DOS command prompt window (from Start->Programs->Accessories) and enter:

cd "%WinDir%\System"
regsvr32 /u msiefr40.dll
Restart the machine and you should be able to delete the file msiefr40.dll
here:c:\windows\system32\msiefr40.dll
;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online