1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(hipaa compliance cheat sheet?)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by lilhlfpint, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilhlfpint

lilhlfpint Thread Starter

(i was wondering if anyone has a list of all the hipaa guidelines for computers/networks/systems?

i've been trying to find a comprehensive list but all i can find online are legal documents. i'm looking for a list that i can use as a checklist.

like passwords must be this length and workstations must lock after so many minutes.

any assistance is greatly appreciated.

thank you. = ])

2. suzi

suzi

Try this link and see if it has what you want:

http://www.ontariosystems.com/hipaa/index.htm

It has some other sites on it's links page also that look promising.

If you do a google search for HIPAA Guidelines, you will probably get more also.

3. lilhlfpint

(thanks for responding so quickly. i looked over the site and links but i didn't see a checklist. do you know where i can find a checklist?)

4. suzi

suzi

No sorry I don't. It will probably take some searching on your part.

Try this site: http://aspe.hhs.gov/admnsimp/

It is one of the links from the first site. It has a contact us page, so you could try contacting them and maybe they can direct you to what you need.

Good luck.

5. lilhlfpint

(thank you, i will definitely contact them.

i've been feeling a bit frustrated because i'm a very resourceful person and i'm used to finding the information i need fairly quickly and i've been unable to find what i want on the internet. there are so many consulting companies and courses you can take to help you learn about hipaa compliance but i want a quick and dirty list that will tell me exactly what i want. heh.

thanks again!)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice