1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hirens for dead win10 t410

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by plschwartz, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

Woke up one morning to a dead PC. Wouldn't boot. Downloaded and burned Hiren. Which does boot. Does this mean its my HDD?
    Can I use Hiren to try and repair HDD? Buy a new Hdd and install Win10 from thumb drive?
    Thanks
    Paul

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    We don't support Hiren's due to the use of software infringement. UBCD is the better alternative.

But yes that could mean the hard drive is bad, or it could mean several other things. On UBCD there is a range of hard drive diagnostics, determine the brand of your hard drive and run the matching manufacturer's diagnostics from UBCD to see what the result it.

3. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

thanks for heads up will try UBCD

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I think Hiren has cleaned up his act and only uses Legal stuff now.
    I use it and as far as I know only the inclusion of PE Windows was questionable and MS are aware of it, but chosen to do nothing - which near enough amounts to acceptance from them knowing how keen they are on pursuing illegal stuff.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It use to contain a lot more licensed software, such as Acronis TrueImage and Norton Ghost and many more, which has indeed been taken out of current releases although there are still people modifying and adding those programs back in to those releases. We've chosen in the past to not support Hiren's CD because of the past issues, the modified version, and the inclusion of Microsoft software still in the current version.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1160214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice