Historical restore points missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Roadgiant

I wonder if anyone can help me with an issue over restore points missing
The only restore point shown as available is the latest automatic restore point created by the system.
I understand that the system deletes restore points over 90 days old, but the issue is with recent manually created restore points not showing.

Protection settings are set on the system drive C and the J drive which is internal, but not on the I drive which is external

I am having a few minor issues at the moment and wanted to try more than the system created latest one,I have tried manually creating restore points, but they seem to disappear after a few days.
Many thanks in advance RG

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200611122725.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740
Hard Drives: C: 464 GB (302 GB Free); I: 1862 GB (899 GB Free); J: 1863 GB (1708 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z170-P, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 150852436801793
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

The place where you saw "Protection settings are set on the system drive C"
There select C drive and click on "Configure" button...

Under "Disk space usage" area, adjust the slider to consume more disk space, how much depends on how much disk space your have and how many restore points you want to save.

Protection settings are set on the system drive C and the J drive which is internal, but not on the I drive which is external
By default you only need protection for partition where system is installed.
For other drives it's preferred to backup data you care about to other drive manually, because this system protection does not backup all possible data, only what is absolutely needed to boot system and few personal locations such as documents, pictures etc..

To adjust what is being backed up visit bellow settings:
1. windows key -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> "More options" link
2. here chose what to backup, where to backup and how frequently to backup.

Note that these settings have nothing to do with "Restore points", restore points are useful only for C drive where system is installed, that's why you only need protection setting on C drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online