History and last accessed documents

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Beatsme

All right, I use Firefox, and I have it set to clear my private data everytime it closes, but I'd like to check my history, is there anything I can do?

Also, if I can, is there some type of timestamp left so that I checked when it was last accessed.

And I'd also like to check when certain documents were last accessed, but the time I get whenever I checked last accessed documents always seems to be a little off, like for example I sometimes get times when I just accessed the document, others I'll actually get the right time, and other's I'll get a time when I know that nobody accessed the document, so I was wondering if there was another way to check this.

When I close Firefox I get a dialog box giving me options as to what is cleared when it closes so, if I wanted to keep History, I would just uncheck the box by it.

Presumably, you have used the option not to be asked each time so that dialog is no longer displayed. To change it, I assume you will have to go into Tools/Options and reset things. My main browser is Opera so I've never learned all the ins and outs of Firefox.

There is an option in a program called Exposed which will establish the time when certain documents are accessed, but it appears to be intended to check what others may have done, and when they did it, and so may not be what you are looking for. It's a free program so you can check it out if you want; http://www.reddragonsoftware.com/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online