1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

History Folder Problems - Please help me.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Kenewene, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenewene

Kenewene Thread Starter

My OS is Windows XP Home edition. :eek:

Recently I realised my history would not properly erase when I clicked on the "Clear History" button. I download PurgeIE to see what was going on, and these were some of the errors that are likely to be causing the problems, :

Locked - C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTING\ACER\LOCAL SETTING\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\SPDWDLN6\ISTBAR[1].HTML

And

Locked - C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ACER\LOCAL SETTING\TEMP\CMDLINEEXT02.DLL

These were under the 'Stray Cookies' and 'Windows Temp Folders' areas respectively. I've tried to use HijackThis! to paste on this forum, but no site or search result were able to get me a properly working zip or .exe file. I also recently got the IST bar on my browser, which I removed without hassle with the Uninstall executable that was provided. nCASE was also removed (after I discovered it). Please help me :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice