1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

History research essay

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by soniq, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soniq

soniq Thread Starter

2. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro

Hmm, for research I have always felt that going to the LIBRARY was a good place to start. You know looking at old newpapers, etc.

3. soniq

soniq Thread Starter

internet!!!
    and BTW anybody can u help me on my first question?

4. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro

Is the internet required?
    BTW, use MLA, I always liked that one better.

5. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

6. soniq

soniq Thread Starter

7. soniq

soniq Thread Starter

i have to use books too but im not that kinda person to go all the way to the library:D ,thanx i will use MLA

8. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

You might try newspaper archives of Toronto newspapers. (i.e. The Toronto Star, Telegram etc) It's going to be "challenging" finding stuff on the net, so if it were me doing this essay, I'd go to the library as some publications may even be out of print or whatever. Have fun (y)

9. soniq

soniq Thread Starter

thanx 4 the advice but its not gonna be fun........

10. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro

Honestly, I don't think I ever wrote a research paper similar to yours without using the microfiche machine in Willis Library. When you look at the microfiche vs. online, you might get the same information, but the microfiche will show ads from the newspaper, and you geta better understanding of the times that you are researching.

11. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Is it too late to find another "Internet friendly" subject to do an essay on? If so, oh well. It sucks to be a student sometimes, eh. Good luck anyway. :)

12. soniq

soniq Thread Starter

if it was my choice i wouldnt have chosen this subject,our teacher wrote each subject on a peace of paper and he put them in a bag then he told us to take out a peace of paper,and poor me got the hardest,there were easy subjects like the avro arrow,expo 67,CBC,hockey night in canada,......but i just didnt have enough luck:( (n)

Oh another question! i will use the little information i have but i need ur help to give me some ideas,let me tell u about yorkville a little:

(((((During the 1960's, Yorkville was the center of hippy culture in Canada. Many folk musicians, such as Joni Mitchell, got their start playing coffee houses in this area. However, by the early 1970's, developers moved in and transformed Yorkville into a trendy shopping district for the upper crust
    In the 1960s, Yorkville flourished as Toronto's bohemian, cultural centre, and was considered by some to be the breeding grounds for some of Canada's most noted musical talents, including Joni Mitchell and Neil Young.
    At that time, Yorkville was also known as the Canadian capital of counterculture and the hippie movement. In 1968, nearby Rochdale College at the University of Toronto was opened on Bloor Street as an experiment in counterculture education
    Yorkville is Canada's hippie heartland. Full of coffeehouses, boutiques, longhairs, draft dodgers, and freaks, Yorkville is a tourist attraction — one where the tourists prefer to watch the excitement from the safety of their cars. In the village, the Beatle-haired kids, drugs and free love are rampant.
    But the Yorkville hippies aren't all love and marijuana. , they hold a major sit-in protest in 1967 to protect their street from cops, tourists and fume-belching cars. They want to preserve their island of co-operation and love from the violence erupting in cities across the United States. But the Yorkville uprising story doesn't begin with a sit-in; it begins with a chair-in.
    Home to Bohemians in the 1950s and hippies in the 1960s.)))))))

i have to do a 5 paragraph essay an essay has 3parts: 1)intro, 2)body(3 arguements that begin with a topic sentence that provides transition and link,and states the ideas supporting the thesis),3)conclusion i need help on the thesis statement and the body arguements(i need 3),u guys got any ideas?
    BTW: u might think im very lazy but believe me i got no idea what to do.

13. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro

Just a tip, decideon a spelling of "hippy", you have it spelled out two different ways and add "" to the first spelling of it.

14. Infidel_Kastro

Infidel_Kastro

:eek:
    Horrible sentence. How can you hold (present tense) a sit in in 1967? I would leave out the marijuana reference since you have no absis behind it.
    Your tenses are way off.

15. soniq

soniq Thread Starter

thanks for the tip but thats just the raw,unedited info.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice