1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

History

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bonas50, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bonas50

Bonas50 Thread Starter

Any help on deleting items from my drop down History List on the " tool Bar" would be greatly appreciated

2. Bonas50

Bonas50 Thread Starter

Any help in deleting items in my drop down History List on the tool bar, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3. bobol

bobol

what you can do in the future is add as much pertinent info as possible to get a better response to your enquiry:). I'll assume you want to delete entries via the internet browser History options. I'm not sure which browser you are using [hint,hint] but go to the Tools/Options area. I forget where to go exactly in Internet Explorer but it should be easy to find....look for a section called History and then you can set the number of Days of history of visited sites.... set it to 0 and as soon as you go offline[disconnect from Browser?] the sites you visited won't show there.
    And to clear entries in your most recently opened documents list...which you may want to know,
    right click start button/Properties/customise/advance; at bottom of that page you can select Clear List

4. Bonas50

Bonas50 Thread Starter

thanks bobol, I have tried both and it doesn't seem to clear. What I don't understand is that i knocked down the history tab in the internet section, to 0 a few days ago and I thought it would have cleared by now. Thanks again Bonas

5. bobol

bobol

it should be instantaneous upon restart of browser...I'll look a bit more into it.

6. bobol

bobol

7. Bonas50

Bonas50 Thread Starter

Thanks a lot Bobol. I was using Internet explorer--- I have Verizon Msn as an ISP --Long time ago I had aol and there was a provision to just enter the Edit column above the tool bar and you could delete the entire drop down History entries. I have some informtion on this somewhere . Thanks again for all your troubles. Tom

8. bobol

bobol

No troubles.... we like your input as much as you like our replies. (y)
    we learn too..... in fact tell us your how you found your answer if you can...just maybe someone will be helped by you at some point in this issue :rolleyes:

9. begud4me

begud4me

to completeley get rid of everything in IE goto tools/internet options click the "clear history button" click the "delete cookies" button click the "delete files button" and check the box that says "delete all offline content" click ok. this should take care of everything. I would also reccommend going to settings button next to the "delete cookies" button and setting the amount of space used for temp files to 1mb.

10. Bonas50

Bonas50 Thread Starter

Dear begood4me----thank you ---- I had tried this before and it doesn't remove the drop down history list. Thanks again. Bonas 50

11. Bonas50

Bonas50 Thread Starter

Dear Bobol et al. Just an up date-- I have MSN Premium ---I went there and clicked on " Help and Settings " then I clicked on Settings , then in the left hand column, I clicked on " Internet OPtions " then a window came up for " Browsing History ". You can clear your drop down history list from here. Thank you all for your time and help Bonas 50

12. bobol

bobol

no problemo at all Bonas50 (y)
    Thanks for the update on that since it's great to hear that you're all set to go now.....

13. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

14. Bonas50

Bonas50 Thread Starter

To jd---957 Thanks , I've put it in my folder . Bonas50

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice