1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hitachi 50UX23k turns off randomly

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by nsloan23, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nsloan23

nsloan23 Thread Starter

I have a Hitachi 50UX23K projection tv that works fine most of the time, but on occassion (sometimes multiple times in a row) will randomly turn itself off. The other day it was turning itself off in the morning so i just turned off the tv and didnt use it. Then my roommate tried it around 2:30 pm and it would only stay on for about 30 seconds. Then i came home turned it on at about 3:00 and it turned off after 20 seconds. THen i tried again right after and it stayed on and worked perfectly the rest of the night. It was on for about 3 or 4 hours then manually turned off and then turned back on again around 11:00 pm. Any ideas?

I forgot to mention that i had to replace the power chord becuase it was cut off.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

First things first, why was the cord (chord is a musical term) cut off?
    I ask as this is often done with disposed items that are considered unsafe.

3. nsloan23

nsloan23 Thread Starter

Well, I dont really know why it was cut off. Everything seems to be safe on it . I'm not completely sure but nothing has happened yet.

4. Softies

Softies

Could be a cracked internal board, a bad heat sensor, or weak capacitor in the power supply. In any case I would take it to a repair shop.

5. nsloan23

nsloan23 Thread Starter

thanks for the info

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice