Hitman Contracts Installation Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knoxzim

I received my friends copy of Hitman Contracts that he doesn't play anymore and took it back to my house and installed it on my Dell dem. 3000 with a g-force 5200 graphic card, and it worked although it was a little laggy as i expected. The next day I tried to install the game on my other comp which is a dell dem. 8400 which is much more capable of running games, but when installing an error always pops up. The Error says, "an I/O error occured while installing a file." Now i know that it is an import out port error, but hell if i know how to fix it.... please help me!

I used to have the same problem with all my games. I can't remember how I fixed it though!

Sounds like it may possibly be a scratch or smudges on your game medium (DVD or CD) Try cleaning it.

If that doesnt work you may have some conflicts with your CD/DVD burner. If you have several burning programs they've been known to cause errors.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online