1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved hl cd key!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Deathdealer, Sep 11, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest Thread Starter

someone in a closed thread said this

"no, you must buy a new CD-key from a store. I wouldn't though, because in two weeks, CS 1.6 comes out and WON will be dead."

does this mean my halflife cdkey im using right now wont work??

then what key do i need?

2. McTimson

McTimson

Almost thought you were going to be asking where to get one...

No, the WON system will be replaced by the Steam system. This basically means nothing to most users. Valve will soon (very soon, actually) be making Steam the default way to play their games, but since it would be too hard to transfer existing WON ID's, they are simply making new ID's, called Steam ID's. These are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis, but you still need a valid CD-key to get one. If you get it early, you'll have a low Steam ID, much like the first HL CD's had low WON ID's.

You will not have to buy a new CD-key to play CS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice