1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hl-dt-st Dvd-rw Gwa-4082n

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by colbert21, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. colbert21

colbert21 Thread Starter

Please can anyone help. I need a driver for my advent laptop's HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N urgently. I know I got it from a forum once before but cannot remember when or where I got it. I got an error message saying the driver was corrupted and now it does not work at all.:eek:

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

It's not a driver you need, you need to edit the registry and remove the "upperfilters" and "lowerfilters" entries for your DVD drive. Copy the following text and save it in a file called "cdrom.reg", then double-click the file to add it to your registry:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
    "UpperFilters"=-
    "LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

3. colbert21

colbert21 Thread Starter

Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately I am an amateur so need step by step help. Where do I copy the text to and do I copy all the text you sent.

4. colbert21

colbert21 Thread Starter

Arcadion, Thank you for your prompt response the error message I get is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". Unfortunately I have no idea where to start the process you have offered except for copying the text. Where do I copy it to. Sorry to be a nuisance. I do apreciate your help

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did you uninstall some Roxio software? If so, it left some damage behind and possibly some driver files. If you did, and want to complete the process, run Roxizap and then use the "variant" file below to fix the registry.

1. Click on START button, the click on RUN.

2. Enter REGEDIT and press Enter.

3. When REGEDIT starts, open up the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/
    {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

4. After clicking on {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you should see two settings on the right-hand side:
    "Upperfilters"
    "Lowerfilters"
    Click on each of them, press DELETE and click YES.

Or you can download this reg file to do the same thing. Or CDGone Variant.

6. colbert21

colbert21 Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your advices and enableing us to get back on track with computer, we now have the right drivers were would anyone be without tech guys like you thanks a million colbert21(y) :cool:

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice