1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HL2 Lag issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sicarius1988, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sicarius1988

Sicarius1988 Thread Starter

hi guys,
    firstly if this is in the wrong section i apologize, and if an admin could move it that would be great.

Built a new rig recently and grabbed a copy of orange box. Running hl2 lags, much to my dissapointment. If i am running around, indoors or outdoors(singleplayer), every now and again the sound will lag for a half second and the game will "catch" for a second. Secondly in addition to this, the graphics do not run smoothly and my frame rate is quite choppy. I have updated all sound drivers, graphics drivers etc, the computer is not overheating and my ram is not corrupt. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I refuse to believe that my computer is not capable of running it! thanks in advance.

specs:
    xp sp2
    nvidia 8800GT zodac edition
    athlon 6400+ dual core
    2kg kingston ram
    250gb hdd

2. like 45 ninjas.

like 45 ninjas.

it sounds just like you need to lower your video game settings
    try setting a lower resolution and remove antialiasing
    if that doesn't work, turn every setting minimum
    if THAT doesn't work, try quitting every other background programs

3. hypnotoad

hypnotoad

Find a Patch fixing the problem?

4. dman4862

dman4862

do you have your rates set correctly? what type of ISP do you have cable or DSL?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice