HL2 Lag issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sicarius1988

hi guys,
firstly if this is in the wrong section i apologize, and if an admin could move it that would be great.

Built a new rig recently and grabbed a copy of orange box. Running hl2 lags, much to my dissapointment. If i am running around, indoors or outdoors(singleplayer), every now and again the sound will lag for a half second and the game will "catch" for a second. Secondly in addition to this, the graphics do not run smoothly and my frame rate is quite choppy. I have updated all sound drivers, graphics drivers etc, the computer is not overheating and my ram is not corrupt. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I refuse to believe that my computer is not capable of running it! thanks in advance.

specs:
xp sp2
nvidia 8800GT zodac edition
athlon 6400+ dual core
2kg kingston ram
250gb hdd

it sounds just like you need to lower your video game settings
try setting a lower resolution and remove antialiasing
if that doesn't work, turn every setting minimum
if THAT doesn't work, try quitting every other background programs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online