1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HL2/Source game problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by creamesoda, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. creamesoda

creamesoda Thread Starter

[​IMG]

This is my problem here. I always get this error on any HL2 game. I've been having this problem lately. I have no idea what the problem could be.

Any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

click where it says to see the error report...then post wot that says

3. McTimson

McTimson

Have you restarted the computer lately?

Is your computer overclocked at all? What power supply (brand/model) do you have in your computer?

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Try to reinstall the game and see what happens.

5. creamesoda

Ok. I've restarted my computer SEVERAL times.

I just bought a new power supply, it's a NuPower 380 watt, 24 pin power supply. My computer isn't overclocked at all either.

6. creamesoda

I got a more detailed error if this helps any.

I just reinstalled and I still have problems.

I hope that's readable.
    [​IMG]

7. McTimson

McTimson

Alright, while I doubt that it's the problem here, I highly suggest getting a new, good power supply. With power supplies, you get what you pay for, meaning that a cheap 400w power supply will only be as good as, say, a 250w power supply that costs the same amount, and it will probably burn out sooner. With your system, I would recommend going with a 450-500w power supply from a good brand like Antec, or Thermaltake. Basically, the price will tell you which brand is good.

Did the game ever work before? Did you change anything in the system before it didn't work?

8. creamesoda

You may be on to something here. My power supply just burnt out about 2 weeks ago. Bought this new one and i've been having some major problems.

You probably a hundred dollar power supply or something?

9. McTimson

McTimson

Yea, that would get you a really good power supply, and would probably be good if you decided to upgrade something as well. You don't necessarily have to spend that much, but for the most part, the more, the better. Newer computer parts are sucking up more and more power, so if you wanted to upgrade something, you would have to make sure your power supply could handle it. But if you spend the money now and get a good one, you won't really have to worry about it.

10. creamesoda

Alrighty. Thanks for the advice Mctimson. I'll probably get one a soon as the money comes to me :p

11. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

well..yeh while mctimson is right...you do need a better power supply, the fact is tho, an under powered psu would not throw up an error message in game, it would just simply stop funtioning and the comp would crash...ul need to copy and paste all of the error message for us as we cant scroll that box:)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/636908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice