1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hmm...problems burning...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Gibble, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

Ok, so I created a DVD, made the ISO and went to burn it.

Unfortunately, a DVD is only ~4.7gb (single layer) and my iso is more than that.

I don't have a dual layer burner.

What can I do?

Is there a way to burn a 'multipart' dvd without re-creating new ISOs?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Nope, you need to regenerate it if you want to split it. You could always generate it at a lower resolution...

3. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

That's what I was afraid of...it takes sooo long to create.

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

DVD Shrink is a free download that will definetly "Shrink" to a 4.7G disc and I believe it also has splitting capabilities. I have used it with success but I am no expert on it so you may also need to get a virtual DVD player which will play your ISO image. If so, you can try Dameon, I think is the correct spelling, as it works well too.
    If you do a search, you will find guides on how to use DVD Shrink.

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

DVDShrink (free) will easily do what you ask. When you run it don't use the icons to load your ISO. Hit Ctrl+I and point it to your ISO. You do not need any virtual drives.

You have to carefull where you get it from as many are using the DVDShrink name and charging for it and/or adding tool bars. Only click the Download button.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

Although many consider it 'evil' it's legitimate uses are many, trimming, combining, remapping audio and subtitles, creating ISOs from VIDEO_TS files and of course shrinking oversized vids. It's also great for making sure your files/ISOs are DVD compliant as it's very picky about structure.

NOTE: DO NOT click on the homepage link it is bogus and untrustworthy, just hit the DOWNLOAD button.

A special thanks to DarqueMist for pointing this out to me.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I already suggested that by PM, but he already tried it. :)

7. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

It has legitimate enough uses that its creator has gone on to work with Ahead in developing Nero. Nero 6 ultra includes the app called Nero Vision Express (simply vision express in version 7) that has basically the same functionality as DVDShrink

8. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Nope. NVE is an authoring app used for converting, creating menus etc. Nothing at all like DVDShrink.

9. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

MysticEyes ... could I be confusing NVE with Recode 2?

10. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Yup. And Recode doesn't have all the nice AEC enhancement choices, which do make a difference depending on the source material. But using this little starter app will allow you to choose what's best.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=72150

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/525016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice