1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hmmm...can’t reach this page

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lkebe, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lkebe

lkebe Thread Starter

When I try to visit a site that I used to log onto every day - I get a message that I can no longer reach it, or cannot connect to it. I have tried every suggestion on YouTube - changing my DNS - going into dos to reset in administrative mode and resetting my system restore point - nothing works - I turned my router on and off and everything else, it is not the site because I can access it on m phone and my tablet, so the site is working fine but someone or something has me blocked from access.

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Ikebe, and welcome to TSG.

I just tried visiting www.mysmartcamcloud.com from your screen capture and also got the "Unable to connect" error. I did a TRACERT to that URL and I was able to get a good trace to the resolved IP address of 69.42.84.248. There may be a configuration problem on the server that is causing it to not to respond to connection attempts under all conditions.

EDIT:
    1) Are you using a web browser on all three devices to access the website or are you using some kind of app?

2) Are your computer and tablet connecting to the Internet through the same router?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    upload_2019-5-13_8-54-26.png

I don't see it at all. Your phone / tablet may be caching the webpage?

But there is something going on at their site.

4. lkebe

lkebe Thread Starter

Thank you for your prompt response - I am using the same router for all connections - but on my tablet I am using the app - I can try to locate the site through their email address and see what happens I will let you know

5. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    I got some more details using Internet Explorer:

I am going to guess the App is using a non-http connection and/or different port numbers to access the site.

6. lkebe

lkebe Thread Starter

You guys are awesome - I lucked up and found you and am immediately amazed by your excellent level of support - So this means there is something wrong with the site, and not my computer right, you would think that they would address this issue somewhere on the web, I can't be the only one that noticed, plus I have a paid subscription that should allow me 24/7 access to my home cameras. Thank you so very much for helping me !

7. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome.

Yes, the problem is with the site and not your computer. It could be that they have one set of "cloud" servers that store all of the customer's content. A separate web server would act as an interface to those servers when a customer uses a web browser. The App would be accessing the cloud servers directly with no need to go through the web server. If the web server crashes or gets misconfigured, all web-based access is lost but the Apps don't need it.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If you have support number/email, let them know just in case.

9. lkebe

lkebe Thread Starter

THANKS !

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice