1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hogs of War game

Discussion in 'Games' started by XP-1800, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XP-1800

XP-1800 Thread Starter

Now running Win XP Pro, and HoW won't install on XP Pro.
    Is XP's decision final, or is there some way I can install and run this fun game, without having to run win98SE as a dual boot.
    Only have a 20GB HDD fully partition with NTFS and over half of my space is taken up with apps already........not really any room to run 98SE as well.
    Anyone any ideas ??
    Thanks very much.

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Did you try running the game in 98 compatability mode?

3. XP-1800

XP-1800 Thread Starter

Oh great...someone has replied.....:D
    Very many thanks Jtoast...............next question.....how do I enable that ??
    Yeah I know, you are dealing with a newbie.....:D

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

Right click on the file and select compatability...then check the windows 98 box....and select 256 color mode etc as required

EDIT:

You might also try using VDMSOUND . solves a lot of problems running older games in xp/2000

5. XP-1800

XP-1800 Thread Starter

Very many thanks Jtoast,
    Managed in the end to use the 'compat. mode' and the game installed, and was able to play the game. However, the control keys (arrows) did not work in the menu, so game only half worked...:(
    I will try out that proggy that you gave me the link to. Very many thanks for your efforts..............appreciated.
    Cheers.

6. XP-1800

XP-1800 Thread Starter

Hmmmm...just noticed that the prog is for win2000/NT.
    Will it work under XP Pro ??
    Suppose I could install it and find out..............:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119287

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice