1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hola

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ulric1234, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ulric1234

ulric1234 Thread Starter

i have an hp laptop. i recently tried to reinstall windows 7. i formatted all the partitions unknowly i think i erased the boot files. now my laptop has a blank screen with the cap and num lock lights blinking. saw on youtube it is not uncommon but there ssolutions were no so good. is there a way to put the boot files on a flash drive or any other way? i need help.

2. Jbasto

Jbasto

If u formatted all the partitions u need to reinstall W7. Since the format cleaned out all the information you have on the HDD. So the answer to your question would be you cant just copy the boot files to a flash drive and copy them over since there is no O/S in any of your partitions.

I hope u had a back up of your files.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try phoning the laptop manufacturer and see if they can sell you a Windows disc. I assume your laptop have a dvd drive.

4. lewissarah

lewissarah

Possibly you are facing security issues. Please refer this website for further support.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice