hola

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ulric1234

i have an hp laptop. i recently tried to reinstall windows 7. i formatted all the partitions unknowly i think i erased the boot files. now my laptop has a blank screen with the cap and num lock lights blinking. saw on youtube it is not uncommon but there ssolutions were no so good. is there a way to put the boot files on a flash drive or any other way? i need help.

If u formatted all the partitions u need to reinstall W7. Since the format cleaned out all the information you have on the HDD. So the answer to your question would be you cant just copy the boot files to a flash drive and copy them over since there is no O/S in any of your partitions.

I hope u had a back up of your files.

Try phoning the laptop manufacturer and see if they can sell you a Windows disc. I assume your laptop have a dvd drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online