1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Holes in CD...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PODNickerz, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PODNickerz

PODNickerz Thread Starter

Hello, i have a very weird problem...

I burnt a audio cd (before i used the drive to overburn, if u read my prev post, otherwise, dont worry about reading these brackets)

This was like maybe few days ago anyway and well i used it everynight on my TEAC portable cd player maybe for like 1hour max

Then yesterday night i wanted to listen to it again and it didnt work, it acted weird, sometimes it would play then it wouldnt or show an error
    I thought it was because i dropped on the ground a few times (didn't look like it was damadged)

Then this morning i had a look at the cd and i saw like 2 small holes in the cd, Straight through!

I'm not sure when the cd had got the holes though...

So i'm thinking it was the cd player, but ???

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

are they real holes or just the backing coming up?

3. PODNickerz

Well, if i put my eye up to them i can see the otherside hehe
    they are about 2millimetres

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I seriously doubt the laser is burning holes through the CD, there has to be a different explanation! :D The power the laser has is barely enough to read the CD, never mind blow holes through it.

5. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

i was thinking when it as dropped the grit on the ground pulled up the backing

6. PCMan78

PCMan78

Sounds like a cheap CD-R. Your CD-RW drive may have loosened the shiny recording material on the back of the CD during the burning process, and the CD-R was unable to hold on to the recording material after the burning process, so it flaked off.

7. PODNickerz

Maybe...

Just so you know, its info in nero is a ProDisk but on the front of the cd it says GoTech

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice