1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home Cloud OS computing.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mike360x1, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike360x1

mike360x1 Thread Starter

What I'm trying to achieve here is to have a sort of Cloud OS or somehow to have a Server Receive inputs and send end result video back in real time. The speeds I'm talking about here should be around 1ms. An example of this service is Onlive. They take inputs from users many miles away, process them on their powerful Graphics intensive game servers and then send the video back, all in a short period of time and with minimal latency issues. That is what I'm trying to achieve in short but instead of games, I want to be using Professional software Such as Adobe Aftereffects or 3DSMAX.

Keep in mind that, I will only be using such a server at home, never outside my network, (because of regular consumer upload speeds) so the only bottleneck here might be wireless and Router QoS.

Some solutions I have tried is VMware ESXI, I guess that software sounds a bit crazy as I'm assuming their intentions for creating such software is for such things that are more enterprise oriented. IE: File Servers, Web Servers, etc.
    At a consumer level, I've also tried VMworkstation, They have a function that supports remote Streaming and client inputs in the way that I originally described. Problem is, they don't support Direct X or any sound.
    Again, I guess their intention for such a function isn't for what I'm intending to do. ( It never hurts to try right? )

So in conclusion, is there any way to stream such a OS like Win 7 or Linux Via home network while still being able to use such professional programs? (and no not Windows Desktop, Because they can't support Multiple platforms and cannot support direct X and sound as well.) Also, I'm not paying for 200-800$ a month for a cloud server with multiple Xenon Cores and 200GB RAM.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice