1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Home Design Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dktemple7, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I read an old post (2004) here where the member was asking advice on the best home design software. Someone suggested "3D Architect". Does anyone know anything about this software? Any other suggestions on good home design software?
    I have a PC running Windows 7 (32-bit).
    Thanks, Darlene

Update: It turns out 3D Architect requires and Intel Core i3 processor or faster. I only have a Intel Core2 Duo [email protected] RAM 3.00 GB, Total physical memory 2.99 GB

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

I have decided to buy a refurbished computer: Dell 9020 with a Core i5, 500 GB HD, 4 GB RAM. I would still like to hear peoples thoughts of their favorite home design software. Software that has a lifetime license and reasonably priced.
    Thanks

3. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

4. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Thanks! Most of these had bad reviews. The Chief Architect is most likely good, but it costs $2795 or $199 a month to rent. It doesn't seem many people are familiar with 3D Architect Home Designer by Elocosoft. Probably because they are based principally in United Kingdom, Sweden and Germany. When I receive my new computer, I plan on downloading a 7-day trial on CNET. Afterwards, it says it's $150 and their website says it's a lifetime license. I will report back in a couple of weeks. Thanks again!

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Kinda depends on who you ask doesn't it? For example, just because I think Chevy pickups are the Cheapest Heap Ever Visualized Yet, and would probably give it a terrible review, doesn't necessarily make it the truth. Others hate Ford pickups.

FWIW, my wife's AutoCAD license runs $1,680 (USD) annually.

6. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

I used to have AutoCAD, also (2010). My ex-husband bought it for me. It was a perpetual license (only had to pay one time). But, I no longer have the computer. And, I don't really need anything that extensive. I was mainly using mine for home design and landscaping for personal use.
    Anyways, one of the programs was only a penny on Amazon and the reviewer said, it downloaded other things he didn't ask for and changed settings. I don't remember if it was the same software, but the reviewer said that the license/activation code wasn't any good. I just want to buy from a reputable company and less than $500 with a lifetime license.

7. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Best of luck on your continued search ... (y)

8. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Thanks! I was hoping I would hear from people who have actually used the various software. And, advise me as to which are the best and which I should avoid.

9. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

You're welcome.

Like I said, the answers will depend on who you ask. Some will swear the one they use is "hands-down the BEST in the entire universe!". And with nary a doubt, others will disagree.

Why is this? For one, what's best for you may not be the best for someone else. Different computers, different skill levels, different IQs, etc, etc., etc. To find out what's best for you, your particular setup and skill level will require you to actually try out a few until you find something that you are comfortable with.

10. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

Yes...I agree. I just thought I might get some ideas to start with. I'll leave the post open for awhile and then most likely mark it solved.

11. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  12. dktemple7

dktemple7 Thread Starter

No, I haven't. Have you? I'll have to look into it further. They do seem to have a free version (but, it's probably a trial). The pro version seems to be $695 per year. Anyways, I don't have time to look right now. I have to edge & mow the lawns. Thanks for your help.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice