1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home Edition Startup Issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Erika4403, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Erika4403

Erika4403 Thread Starter

I've been having this problem for about three weeks now and it's really starting to get annoying:mad:

Every time I start my computer, that message that comes up when your computer is unexpectedly shows and I can choose to start with either safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration or start windows normally. Every single one of these that I choose, the exact same thing happens:

The Windows loading screen will come up and the boxes will go from left to right in that rectangle under the windows logo and then all of a sudden a blue screen with some text on it will flash really fast and then the computer will restart. I can't read any of the text because it restarts too fast.

Please help cause this is really starting to get frustrating and I can't find out whats wrong with it anywhere.:confused:

2. dlowes

dlowes

Hi - I have just started to get the exact same problem.

I am able to try the Recovery (Restore?) Console option but this hangs with at the please wait screen.

I do not have an XP System CD as it came pre-installed on my Compaq Presario and also do not have a boot disk (floppy).

I have a laptop which also has XP Home on it - but does not have a floopy drive. Can I make a boot disk from a blank CD?

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

4. dlowes

dlowes

Thanks for the link - unfotunately i only have RecordNow! which does not have the option to burn images.

Any other suggestions would be great - both on boot image and the cause of the initial problem.

thanks

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you don't have burning software installed, or don't know how to burn images, try this small, standalone burning program that can burn files and folders as well as ISO images: Micro Burner. To burn an ISO, use the 3rd button, "Burn ISO file".

6. dlowes

dlowes

Thanks Elvandi,

Got a workable CD - when inserted it runs through the Windows XP setup routine, and then gives the options to either run Windows, run Recovery Console or quit.

Selecting either to run Windows or the Recovery Console results in a blue screen with a bar along the bottom which says:

Examing 76317 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi.....

It just hangs there forever?

Any further idea's

cheers

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice