Home Movies CD-R?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tagll

Hi and thank you for reading & answering my post. With the holidays I have gotten out my trusty old camera to take some home movies. Now I am trying to capture them to view on my DVD player for TV. It's been some time since I did this. (I actually did accomplish this fet once). I use a digital camera that takes home movies. When I upload them to my computer they are copied as video clip AVI winamp media files. I use Roxio Easy CD creator 5 to burn my photos to a CD-R disc, but it will not burn my home movies for viewing on my DVD's. I can only view the home movies on computers. Duh... :D I know I am pretty lame... I tried burning to DVD-R disc but I don't have a DVD burner on my hard drive. Duh again...:( I'm sure I must need a DVD burner installed on my hard drive... but when I first got my camera many moons ago I was able to see my home movies via the DVD player. I can't remember how I did it. (If you don't use it you lose it... my brain!) Is it possible to burn my home movies to a DVD disc or... maybe my DVD could read Mp stuff and my new DVD won't??? So many questions for a beginner. Can you help? I do have software with my camera... Pixela...Imagemixer VCD...
Thanks again for any suggestions.
TAG

I might help in this post?If you have windows media player you can up load to it & then once done you can burn to disc.Im not to familiar on this subject but in reading about & when i open windows media it shows on screen on what is avalible to do.Let know if info helped?

what you are looking for is "VCD" burning software. a VCD is a CD that contains the format that a DVD movie is usually written in. most burning programs come with that ability.
-mphair

tagll

I tried the Windows Media and that didn't work. Now info about a VCD software fix. That sounds interesting. I wonder why I was able to record and see my home digital movies when I first got my camera and not able to now? Thank you for your advice. I will go shopping for better software.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's possible that your DVD players are not compatible with VCD format disks. Or, you may simply have to change the CD-R media you're using, perhaps the brand you used to use worked in your DVD player(s).

tagll

I will read up on my DVD manual and see if it is VCD compatable. The CD-R media and changing it is a little above my understanding. I could go into the software instructions my camera came with and possibly fix it there, but I know I will have to free up several hours to get this accomplished.
I will let you all know how I am coming along as soon as something happens.
Thanks so much for the replys. I appreciate all the feed back.
Tag

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm talking about the brand of CD-R media your using to record your movies. If you've changed brands, that could be one issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online