1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home network Did something funny

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Raistlad, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raistlad

Raistlad Thread Starter

Using a Linksys BEFSR41v3

ok, this is strange. been using the same setup for the last year, and all of a sudden it took a strange turn, and my second computer can't find internet.

sunday night while playing my computer froze up, so I turned it off and left it for the night.

when I come back in the morning my teamspeak server is no longer being found by clients?!, ok odd but everything else is working.

With teamspeak, as im sure you know, you have to have a port forwarded. normaly it was XXXX at 192.168.1.100 but for some reason it is now 192.168.1.101. but i didnt figure that out until i reset the Router thinking something happened to it.

now the second computer cannot access the internet. I'm assuming it's because of the reseting of the router but i can't figure out what changed that made it so the second computer can't access the internet. The LAN works, I can access cpu2 through network neighborhood, but it doesnt find the internet.

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

May I suggest hardcoding your IP's on your different PC's? This will make it so none of them lose their lease and may solve all of your problems with people all of sudden no longer being able to connect to your equipment.

With that being said have you taken the cable from the non working computer and plugged it into a known working port? If that doesn't make it work then I would look at the TCP/IP properties of your laptop.

3. natcom

natcom

from the box with no internet click on start run type cmd then type inconfig /all and copy and paste here the outcome

4. Raistlad

Raistlad Thread Starter

second box is using 98se, and CMD doesnt work, but using msdos mode works, but i can't seem to be able to get all the info on one screen, and am unable to highlight/select the info to copy/paste it?

5. coulterp

coulterp

Redirect the output to a file and use from there. e.g.
    ipconfig/all > file.txt
    You'll find the file written to C:\windows

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice