1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home Network Nightmares

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Dennerpps, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dennerpps

Dennerpps Thread Starter

Hey, i am having a problem with my computer communicating with other devices on my home network. I am not able to see my wireless printer and also if i run a DLNA server on my tower, my other devices including TV's and tablets do not see the servers I have tried 3 different servers to no avail. Please let me know what info you need. Tower is running windows 7 64 bit with IP address of 192.168.1.2 and ablet has 192.168.1.5 but they cannot see eachother

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Does that mean that ping in either direction fails?

3. Dennerpps

Dennerpps Thread Starter

Ping is successful from tower to tablet and vice Versa

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can they ping by name? What do you mean by "cannot see eachother"?

5. Dennerpps

Dennerpps Thread Starter

[​IMG] I am really Not sure how to explain this but i will try. Devices are on same network, they are able to ping but are not "Discoverable" When i try to install Printer, i get this Screen. When I try to Run a DLNA Server like AllShare Play from my computer, it is unable to discover my tablet in order to stream media. I have tried 2 other DLNA servers as well

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm clueless about DLNA servers. They push content to other devices rather than other devices coming to them to fetch content?

How are you trying to install the printer? Running an installation package or some more manual way? What's the printer brand and model?

7. Dennerpps

Dennerpps Thread Starter

Printer is a HP Photosmart 5510 and im an trying to install it with the original Software CD from HP. I did a factory reset on my modem and retried the printer and still could not find it, I just set it up through its IP address so I guess that's good enough, I moved my TV And hard wired it to my router, so I am able to see the DLNA server through a wired connection, but it does not work wirelessly for some reason. It just seems like my tower is having problems with communicating with wireless devices. I will start checking to see if there is maybe a firmware update for my router that might solve that problem, but I still do not have a way to connect my tablet to my computer using Samsung Allshare Program

Edit: Just Checked the Firmware and it is up to date, no new firmware

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It sounds like you have the printer working now. If you have to try installing/connecting again try the installation package from HP's web site in case there is an update to the original version.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice