Home network not appearing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Coooolguy

Hey there.

I returned home yesterday and for some frustrating reason my laptop won't connect to the home wifi that was working fine before I left. My iPad will as will every other laptop/device in the house. I can pick up other routers fine but just not my own.

Also it keeps assuming i want to automatically connect to one 'NETGEAR'.

I'm aware this is a common issue but nothing I've tried has helped so far.

I'm using windows 8.1, I can give more details if needed.

Cheers!

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
What channel is the router using (my guess is 12 or 13)? What channels does your wireless adapter support (my guess is 1 - 11)?

so the "netgear" is not your wireless router ? do you see all the available wireless networks ? what happens when you connect to your wireless router?

Coooolguy

I don't know, how would I find out? My laptop had no trouble connecting to the router before Christmas though and I haven't changed any settings since.

And I don't know what netgear is. My laptop keeps automatically trying to connect to it though for some reason.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online