1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home network - pcs cannot connect, Mac works fine

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Workhorse, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Workhorse

Workhorse Thread Starter

I have three desktop computers here (two with XP, one with 2000) One of the XP machines had a whack of spyware and viruses (which I'm currenty trying to deal with in another thread). It hasn't been able to connect to the network for a couple days. This morning, my main PC was fine. As of now, none of the windows machines will connect to the internet, yet my little Mac here is working perfectly. Can I assume I have a network virus?

This is the other thread that has my hijack this logs and some more explanation of what I've done already, in case it's helpful at all.

Thanks!!

2. bosshogg151

bosshogg151

Macs don't tend to be bothered by most viruses, as they are mostly written to mess with Windows machines. Sounds like whatever got your first machine got the other windows machine also.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/308937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice