Home network question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BratDawg

Carla
Hi. We have a ranch with 3 houses that all share wifi. Not sure how good the other 2 houses receive but anyway... They told me once that it seems limited the number of devices that can connect. I try to remember to turn off all my devices when I go so I can control what connects.

Would buying a new router help? Or am I looking at a windows issue? That doesn't make sense tho in this day of everything connecting.

I'd also like to figure out a way to boost signal. The houses are line of site and the old link sys router is in a window.

Thanks for suggestions

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
How far apart are the homes and are the homes inter connected with network cabling? If not, are there any conduits between the homes?

BratDawg

Carla
i'll have to look but it probably is that old. here is a map of the layout. (no judging! i am not an artist! lol)

I would really like to also boost signal reception. It's like a little family compound.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online