1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home Network Sharing Problem!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by KKLC, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KKLC

KKLC Thread Starter

Please see the attached pic for my home network structure.

(assume network sharing setting had been done on all computers) I was able to access a shared folder in PC1 from PC2 by just typing PC1's IP.
    However, when i tried to access a shared folder in PC2 from PC1 by typing PC2's IP. I failed. it couldnt even get to the page that ask me to insert user's name and password. I also couldn't ping 192.168.1.1 (LAN2's router gateway) or PC2.

I think that PC1 doesn't know about LAN2's info since it belongs to LAN1(192.168.11.xxx). But maybe im wrong. Can someone advise me how to achieve my goals here so that PC1 AND PC2 can communicate to each other smoothly? Thanks.

Reminder:
    1) Can't replace LAN2 router with a switch
    2) Can't connect PC2 to LAN1 directly

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Maybe if you put PC2 into Router2's DMZ you can access it via Router2's WAN IP.

Seems kinda contradictory to say that PC2 has to "hide" behind a router but be accessible as if it weren't behind the router. :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042786