1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved home network, works fine until my pc is turned on.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Noisi, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noisi

Noisi Thread Starter

I have a built pc running windows 10 i go through phases where i use it and then i wont for 3-4 months. well ibooted it up did all the windows updates graphic driver updates and such and noticed that day all of a sudden my home internet went from 6mbs (****** i know) to 0.03 on all devices. i had the isp come check my home equip they claim everything is fine. was troubleshooting further myself and realized anytime my pc is turned on the whole home network is drained. ive ran malwarebytes scans avast scans everything comes back fine. ive swaped out the lan cable thats not it either. im at witts end here on why my pc is sucking the internet. even durring this i load the task manager to see the details and it doesnt show much of any use or apps using the network its like its being used but the computer doesnt know how. ive done everything i can think off and google is no help.

2. Noisi

Noisi Thread Starter

SOLVED IT!!!!!! after hours of searching, following my steps backwards all this started when i had to update my graphics drivers. nvidia geforce experience is the culprit. for some reason after i used another network scaner it showed me the process nvidia web helper service was using 98% of my network. i uninstalled geforce experience and restarted my pc now im getting my normal network speeds!!! anyone else having this issue where your pc just sucks the bandwith of your network double check your nvidia geforce experience. id uninstall it untill i needed to check for a driver update. anyway hope my days of trouble save someone else some!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice