1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home Networking... Familiar with McAfee Suite?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by msonberg, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msonberg

msonberg Thread Starter

I'm trying to Network my house through a wireless router. I have 2 desktops and one notebook

I have all the workgroups named the same. I've turned off all of the firewalls in addition to opening them wide open. I can't help but think it has something to do with the McAfee suite. I checked the allow the local lan box in the security settings. Activate the sharing controls within windows as well. I don't know where to turn.

Oh yeah, I can communicate between the 2 desktops but neither one can communicate with the notebook. One desktop is XP pro, one is 2000 and the notebook is XP Media Center (I know that's not ideal).

Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice