1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home Page Slow To Open

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by terrace, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

My Home Page is extremely slow to load. I`m on Windows XP and using Internet Explorer 7. Would anyone have some ideas why this is so slow and how to quicken it up? Cheers to all:)

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Hello have a look in tools in IE7 internet options and delete cookies delete files and set your cache by clicking settings button to 50-60 mb

3. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

Thank You, I set it at sixty and it seems a little faster. It was set at thirty. I`ll keep you posted. Cheers

4. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

No, my Home Page Ninemsn is still very very slow to load. The slider goes about an inch and just sits there. Any ideas

5. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

slider goes about an inch and just sits there. not loading home page.:)

6. The Magus

The Magus

Have you checked to determine the amount of data flowing to and from your computer??

I have a small program called net.medic which I would not like to lose as it shows by means of spikes what is coming in and going out and I notice that everytime the loading of a page slows down that there is no data moving to and from. Why, I always assume that the lines are full and there is no room for the data for my page to get through remembering that the source has to receive confirmation of receipt before it sends the next packet of data. A fully burden line obviously slows down the data which slows down the loading of the requested page.

Cheers

Jack

7. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

Thank You i`ll have look.

8. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

Going fine now. Cheers(y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/568493