Home pc not connecting to work today but did last week

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dompierrelapin

Due to corona virus my wife started working from our home office last week. She used our personal PC to connect to her work through Citrix with a few hiccups but eventually no problem. Our PC connects to internet via wifi due to distance from router.
This week she was unable to connect. Her IT department couldn't resolve it and said it can't connect because it is not cabled?????
So my wife had to go to work, collect her computer and bring it home. We now have our outdoor garden table in the living room as a makeshift office so she can plug her work computer into the router. Two kids and husband confined at home too!

Apart from buying a 10m network cable is there a fix to get connected via wifi?

TerryNet

Terry
A lot of people still mistrust wireless for one reason or another. Has Citrix or your wife's employer made a change to disallow connections with a wireless portion of the network?

If either has done so then probably the only solution is to use ethernet. If neither has done so I do not know the cause or fix for the issue.

Couriant

James
There are some serious questions over that IT support you had.

To confirm, you are not able to connect to the wireless network at all?
If you can, are you able to connect to the internet (browsing)?

TerryNet

Terry
I assumed that it was only the VPN giving you trouble (since the employer's IT was contacted). Is James right? It's actually a wireless issue and has nothing to do with the VPN?

texasbullet

Ramon
Here is a video with a person that almost had the same problem as your wife. It starts at about 13:40 up to 18:08 (you can watch the whole video if interested). Maybe you may find a clue to the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online