1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home printer? What kind and why?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cowboy622, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowboy622

Cowboy622 Thread Starter

I have a HP 5740 printer on my network which has worked for over 8 years. It bit the dust finally, and I need a new printer. I also have a HP F-4480 all-in-one scanner, copier and printer but only use it to scan because it uses the ink cartridges way too fast. The HP 5740 uses a black cartridge and a tri-colored cartridge. All I can find out there are all-in-one printers which I don't need and don't want due to the speed they use the ink, and if I find one that is just a printer, it takes four different cartridges and the tri-color are now three different cartridges.

Anyone know of a good cheap home printer, inkjet or deskjet so I'm not buying laser toner cartridges???

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

That's a shame because the cheapest way to print is to use a laser printer. I have an HP 2600 color laser printer. The original printer was $125 (at Sam's Club). Cartridges are about $75 each (there are 4). But I replace them at the rate of about once every 18 months.

I did recently get a Brother wireless printer for $100. The cartridges are $9 each (also 4). It is a MFP including faxing, and it is wired/wireless. It also includes a document feeder for scanning and is duplexing. (Brother MFC-J625DW)

I like it because I can print from my tablet and phone and can send a scan directly from the printer to the phone/tablet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice