1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Home Wi-fi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by emmakims, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmakims

emmakims Thread Starter

Hello.

I have only one computer at home that is located in the basement, all the hook ups are down there, but I would like to move it upstairs. What do I have to do to be able to do to use it upstairs with wi-fi...what do I need to purchase to hook the cords to, or what needs to be done to make it possible??

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi emmakims, and welcome to TSG.

You will need to give us details on your current Internet connection and any other networking hardware and how they are connected. Do you wish to only relocate the computer upstairs, while keeping the networking hardware in the basement? Are you talking about a desktop computer or some kind of notebook or laptop computer? Does the computer have built-in WiFi? How far would the new computer be from the networking hardware?

I will ask an admin or moderator to move this to our Networking forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice